Wednesday, April 1, 2009

No worries, Mate! ~Joel Seibel

Philippians 4:19; And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

There was a gardener who tended the grounds of a huge, palatial estate. He kept the lawns perfect. He controlled all the weeds and loved landscaping and designing the flower beds. He was responsible for how that entire estate looked.

Now one day the mower broke down, and the lawn cutting stopped.

Did he think to himself, "What now? How do I mow the grass without a mower? This place is going to look terrible! Oh, my gosh, I'll probably lose my job! How will my kids eat? My wife will undoubtedly leave me, and I'll become homeless and destitute!

"NO! He simply goes to the one who runs the entire estate and tells him that the mower is broken. The man in charge calls the maintenance guy and tells him, "Fix the thing or take it were it can be fixed; and do it right away!" Then the gardener, knowing that this will be done, goes back to tending his garden.

Always take your needs to the One in charge. God doesn't want you to worry about the problems around you. He wants you to have faith that He will take care of all your needs, so you can continue to focus on His garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment