Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Run to Your Father ~Joel Seibel

Being a child can be a real challenge. A child always needs something - food, clothing, rides from here to there. Children need our love and our direction. They have to be taught and must be held.

When I was a child, I went to my parents for all of my needs. Why not? They had all the resources, and I could always count on them when I needed help. My problems seeded so huge back then, and as I grew older, they just became bigger - driver's license, car insurance, dating, graduation. .. . Yep, life was just getting bigger and bigger.

My parents were always there to lesson the stresses of my everyday life. There was a wonderful comfort in being someone's child.

But then, out of nowhere, we find ourselves the adults with kids of our own. Now we are solving all of their problems and meeting their needs.But the irony is that we still have needs and problems of our own. At times we can become overburdened, beaten down, and just plain worn out by the trials of life itself. Through the confusion of an overburdened life, it seems easy to forget that we have a Father who wants to help us with our problems, a Father who is willing and able to do anything we ask and even more than we can imagine. God wants us to come to him with all our needs.

1 Peter 5:7; Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.

Jesus said, "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:28-30).

Jesus explains that one ox pulling a heavy load is hard work. But when you put two oxen together in a yoke, the load becomes light -especially when the one helping is the Lord.

The last thing you want for your children is for them to become burdened by anything in this world. It's the same way with your Heavenly Father, and He's mighty enough to lift any burden off your shoulders. So the next time you're overwhelmed by life's problems, take it straight to God. Don't delay. Give it to Him before it can become a heavy load.

Remember, He is your father, and you will always be His child.

No comments:

Post a Comment